Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tired of the heat and other things

For the past coupe of weeks, it has been in the high 90's with a very high humidity. My friend in Louisiana has been having cooler weather than us up in New Hampshire. It's not fair. LOL.

I have been laying low and not doing much for the past couple of days. My arthritis and fibro have been giving me trouble. I pretty much have only been watering the garden. It is so over run with weeds and stuff right now. Tomorrow promises to be much cooler and lower humidity, so I will be doing some much needed weeding in all the beds, including the flower beds.

Last night I did have a girls night out with my best friend. It was very nice and much needed. I was bummed out that the frozen strawberry margarita was making me a little sick. I love those things. Was nice to get out of the state and back to my old neck of the woods in Massachusetts again. I love it where I am now and will never live back in Ma, but it is nice to visit.

I did harvest these little beauties from the garden this morning.




So happy to see some food finally coming out of the garden. We did get lots of snap peas in the early summer, but so happy to see these guys. Lots of zucchini growing now, so I see lots of breads in my future. I need to find a recipe or change my recipe so that it makes the zucchini bread a little more healthier.

I am going to be making pickles this year too! I don't have any other close to being ready for a bit, so I am going to the farm down the street from me either tomorrow or Monday and buying some more cucumbers so I can make my first batch of pickles.


2 comments:

  1. Yummmm....I love homemade pickles! We've been in the 90's and humid as well. Ick! I just began harvesting squash this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squash just coming in this week here too. I will have zucchini coming out my ears this year. I have only 3 HUGE plants but they are loaded with fruits. Now if my summer squash gives me a few more, I will be a happy camper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...