Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Homemade Pizza




I love making my family pizza from scratch. It is so much healthier and cheaper. This is the recipe that I use for my dough.


2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 pkt)
1 c warm water
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar

You can also add herbs to the dough if you like. My hubby and son don't, so I don't usually.

1. Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Let it stand until nice and creamy, about 10 minutes of so.

2. In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Then add the yeast mixture and stir well to combine. Kneed until a stiff dough forms. Cover and let is rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350.

3. Shape dough into a round pizza dough shape (or rectangle or any other shape you would like). Cover with your favorite sauce (homemade is best), some toppings and then bake for 25 minutes or so until nice and golden. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...