Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins




The past few days, my hubby has been bringing home bananas, lots of bananas. He gets tipped in food sometimes and right now it just happens to be bananas. I don't mind. Food is always welcomed here. It also gives me a good excuse to make my chocolate chip banana muffins. Made Matt really happy when he came home from a scout event.





Here is the recipe:

1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 bananas, mashed
1/4 c sour cream
2 eggs
2 c AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Either use baking cups or lightly grease 24 muffin cups

2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the bananas and sour cream. Stir in the eggs.

3. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until evenly moist. Fold in chocolate chips.

4. Add mixture to the muffin cups filling each cup to about 3/4 full.

5. Bake 20 minutes in the oven or until a toothpick (or knife) inserted in a muffin comes out clean.





3 comments:

  1. yum, yum, yum.......sound & look so good I can practically smell them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house smelled so yummy while they were cooking. I froze half of them so we can enjoy them later when we don't have so many bananas.

      Delete
  2. I have a great blueberry and zucchini cake recipe on my recipe page on my blog. The blueberries make it healthier. You can us a jar of plum or prune baby food for the oil. Egg whites instead of the whole egg. I am not sure about the sugar. I don't know how the fake stuff will work. I pined this recipe to my pinterst account, so others could enjoy this recipe. I know I will.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...