Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Fun Activities




Now that Matt is home from camp for awhile, we have made a list of some fun things to do during the summer. Some are free, some cost money, but not a lot. I have budgeted for it. For the last couple of weeks, we have been "shopping" in our freezer. I only went to the grocery store for milk and bread. So, the money I normally spend on food, I put in our entertainment budget.

Here is our list that we came up with. We probably will not do it all, but we will keep busy and away from the tv and computer.


Summer Fun Activities
  • Mini golf
  • Bowling
  • Photo scavenger hunt
  • Bike ride
  • $1.00 movie at Regal Theater
  • Swimming at Pawtuckaway State Park
  • Nature walk & picnic at Stratham Park
  • Make popcicles or fudgcicles
  • Make fresh salsa and homemade tortilla chips
  • Geocashing
  • Homemade bubbles
  • Make sponge bombs
  • Have a water gun fight
  • Play board games
  • Fly a kite
  • Stargaze
  • Wash the car
  • Make s'mores
  • Cloud watching
  • Make a time capsule
  • Go to the See Science Center
  • Make a bird feeder
  • Make a bird bath
  • Sidewalk chalk art
  • Stratham Fair
  • Make sun catchers
  • Make wind chimes
  • Go to the farmers market
  • Pick your own berries
  • Go to the library
  • Make stepping stones
  • Make homemade bouncy balls
  • Make flubber
  • Make goop
  • Work on Boy Scout Merit Badges
  • Play on the slip & slide
  • Put together puzzles
  • Play Magic the Gathering card game



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great list! Hope you get to do all those things, or most of them. I have fibromyalgia, too. I'm sorry to hear that you have that + RA. That sound's so very painful. I have osteoarthritis and hypermobility syndrome, so I'm very impressed that you can garden. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to do most of them too. Bowling might be a challenge for me though, but I plan on trying hehe.

      The one thing I told my rheumy I wanted to do was be able to play in the dirt and garden. We have been working together to find the right meds that work for me so that I am in as little pain as possible and still be able to do what I love. There are days where I can't do anything but watch my kids weed or water, but I am thankful they are understanding and don't complain much.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...