Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L is for Laundry



For most, laundry is a dreaded task. For me, I love it. I don't know why, but I do. Maybe it is because once the laundry is in the washer, it is out of sight so in my mind, it is gone and all done, sort of. I dread having to wash dishes. I do not have a dishwasher, unless you count me as one. Blech. I find folding the laundry relaxing. I know, I'm odd. LOL

I lived for at least 10 years without a dryer. We use to dry our clothes outside on the line in the warm months and inside on a large indoor rack in the cold or wet months. I have a dryer now, but I am still wanting to hang the clothes outside. Nothing worse than using the dryer in the summer. I joke around saying I live in a tin can, our mobile home has a metal roof and aluminum siding, so ya, we live in a tin can. It gets really hot in the summer in there. Thank goodness for central ac! I tend to run the dryer at night year round. I also herd that it is cheaper on the electricity if you run the wash and dryer at night. Anything to save money is good with me.




I started making my own laundry detergent about 8 years ago. I do buy other detergents when they are on sale and I can combine them with coupons, but not very often. I find that my homemade detergent cleans just as well, if not better than store bought detergents. You can find the recipe that I use here: Homemade Detergent. I also make my own homemade oxy clean, which you can find here: Homemade Oxy Clean. And finally, I make my own fabric softener, which you can find here: Homemade Fabric Softener.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...