Saturday, April 4, 2015

D is for Dehydrate



Last year I bought myself a dehydrator. The mac daddy of dehydrator's according to my sister, the Excalibur. I got the 5 drawer one not thinking I would need the 9 drawer one. Boy was I wrong. I guess I will buy myself a Nesco one as a backup dehydrator.



So far, all I have dehydrated has been my herbs and some fruits. I use my dehydrated parsley a ton as well as the dehydrated basil. Dehydrating mint was new to me this year, but only ended up with a little bit. I had intended to make my own mint tea's with it. Something I will do more of this year. Mint and chamomile teas are my favorite.



I love dehydrated apple slices. I eat them like chips all throughout the winter. They taste just like fresh apples. I don't do anything fancy with them, no cinnamon or honey, just apples.



Dehydrated bananas are another favorite of ours, mostly Matt's. They are so expensive to buy at the store. Not to mention they are crisp like a chip and my homemade ones have a little chew to them.

Next on my list to try and make are fruit rolls ups from the strawberry and blueberries that we grow. I can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. I just love banana chips, I can see the appeal of such a gadget now:-)
    martine@silencing the bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that coming in handy as a way to make some healthy snacks. :-) Looks like fun as well!

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have everyone into dehydration with your yummy sounding dried fruits and herbs. They look great, too. I have had a dehydrator many years ago when I had a big garden. In the last few years here in Texas we have such a water shortage it has been difficult to have much of a garden.

    I am visiting from the Co-Host AJ Lauer’s Team to welcome you to the 2015 Challenge. Hope the first week has been a good one for you. Keep up the good work.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal
    AtoZ 2015 Challenge
    Minion for AJ's wHooligans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...