Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting ready for fall

Today was a nice cool day. It had a fall feel to the air. Fall time is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the smells, the food, not to mention I was born in the fall.

The hubby and I went up to Maine today to do some shopping at Cabela's. He is going away on a hunting trip soon and they had a nice sale on some things that he needed. On the way back, we stopped at a farm so I could buy some mums and order some compost for the garden. We are extending the garden once again. I just hope it won't be too big for me to handle.

I bought 6 mums for my window planters. 2 in each planter. 2 are yellow, 2 are pink and 2 have not opened up yet, but they should be orange. All the mums are full of buds, so they should be full.




We also got two big mums for the flower bed in front of the deck, the garden that my dad did up for me in the spring. It was in bad shape and needed to be weeded something fierce. I still need to trim up the bee balm though. The grass in front of the bed was so long (Matt was afraid to mow close to the bed) that it started to decompose on itself.




The bed still looks like it needs something, but once the buds open up on the mums, it will really be colorful.


My cute little flag that I gt at Christian Book Distributors. I use to work there, miss it sometimes. I love owls and the country look to the flag. Plus it fits well with the theme of the yard right now.


Our corn stalks are ready to be cut and will be put together in groups of 6 or 8 to use as decorations for the deck and flower garden area. I also need to get a couple of cute scarecrows that I saw at the craft store. Of course the pumpkins too, but ours are still green. I know I will be buying some this year too. I love to roast the seeds and the hubby and son like to carve them.


What kind of things do you do to decorate your home and yard for the fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...