Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A prayer answered

Last night I was thinking/praying how and why I was lead back to the Lord. After spending so much time away from him, I figured that I was a lost cause and would never be forgiven. Even with the way I have been feeling (totally wonderful and excited), there is still that doubt that I am screwed.

Today's devotion in Experiencing God Day By Day by Blackaby answered those questions and put any doubts to rest. It referenced Jeremiah 2:2



God wants me to remember how I felt when I first took him into my heart. He remembers how he felt when we first loved him. I remember never being ashamed of loving him, never hiding the fact that I am a Christian from my friends. I always loved the way I felt when attending church (at least as a young child, not a teen), when singing songs to praise the lord, putting on plays telling the birth and death of Jesus. The more I remember how I felt back then, it reminds me of how I have been feeling this past week.

The devotion also mentioned Malachi 3:6-7

" I the Lord do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you." 

Gods feelings for me have not changed. Even during my time away, he still loved me. With me slowly returning to him, he will return to me. All those wonderful feelings of completeness have started to come back. I truly feel like he is coming back to me as well.

I have never had a prayer or questioned answered like this. If I did, I was not paying attention or listening. Today is a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Titus 2 Tuesday! What a beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing with such vulnerability and honesty. And I love Blackaby... such a great devotional. Stay strong and just remember, anytime the enemy reminds you of your past... remind him of his future! :)
    Blessings,
    Kimberly
    www.thenarrowlens.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...