Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Strawberry Picking Time!





Today, Chantelle and I headed out to Applecrest Farm to go strawberry picking. My friend L called and asked if we wanted to join her and her son J. It was a perfect day to go picking. Overcast, low humidity, chance it will rain. Nothing worse than spending time out in the middle of the field in the hot hot blazing sun.

We were out there for about an hour, maybe less. I always get a huge box and try to fill it as much as I can. I like to freeze the berries to make jam in the winter. So yummy! I also give the jam away as gifts for the holidays too. Chantelle and I picked just shy of 7 pounds of strawberries.




Like my little heart shaped berry?




Of course we had to check out what they had in farm stand. Lots of yummy fresh veggies and homemade goodies. I had to splurge and get some homemade apple cider donuts. Three with cinnamon sugar and three with plain sugar on them. So yummy!




Now I am curled up in bed with my laptop and a big bowl of freshly washed and cut up strawberries. Yummy! Now if my sheets would hurry and finish drying life would be perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...