Monday, August 5, 2013

Red corn among my yellow corn

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. I planted Sweet yellow corn back in June. But now I have one lone reddish stalk. I do remember the bottom of the stalk having a reddish tinge to it and it still does. When the tassel came in, it is reddish instead of the cream color like all my other corn stalks.




Kinda hard to see, it was a pain trying to take a picture of it. It is soo much taller than I am and the sun kept shining in my eyes. But you can tell that it is a reddish color compared to the other tassels.




The silk on the cob is also reddish. Looks like a bad dye job to me. LOL. I am wondering if this is going to be a different color of kernel on the cob compared to the other corn that I planted. Or is this a normal thing, to have some different colored corn in with the "normal" corn.




2 comments:

  1. Heather... the silk is just turning dark as it ripens, I think... but guess what! You just won Homegrown and Handmade on our website! Will you contact me at Ksredhead1950@gmail.com and give me your address so I can get it in the mail today?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Happy day to me! Email sent with my address.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...