Saturday, August 3, 2013

Frugal Micro cloth Dish Cloths

Like most people, I have always used sponges to wash the dishes. I don't have a dish washer, unless you count me and sometimes one of the boys. I just hate how they start to smell and you have to throw them away. I have herd you can microwave them to "clean" them, but I never tried it.

While I was at the dollar store, I saw a couple of micro cloths with some cute patterns on them. When I first got them, I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I just thought they were pretty and at a dollar each, why not. They aren't cheapy clothes either. They have some thickness to them.




I just cut them into thirds and then each third in half. It made six 7x7 squares. Perfect size for washing dishes in my opinion. Now I just use one every time I do the dishes and then throw them into the wash to clean. I have plenty to last me a few days so I don't have to do a load of laundry every day.

Each smaller cloth comes out to about 16¢ a piece. Not bad. Way cheaper than a sponge plus they don't get thrown away, unless they are totally gross that is.

I've been using them for a few weeks now and love them. I still have some sponges, but haven't had to use them at all. Now to just make some scrubby's so I can stop using the Brillo pads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...