Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Our Christmas 2013

I hope everyone has had a blessed day. My Christmas was nice this year. Normally Christmas day is spent with the hubby's side of the family, but my RA wasn't going to let me drive 2 1/2 - 3 hours to our nieces new house, so we had a relaxing day at home.

On Christmas Eve, we always go to my sisters house to celebrate. My daughter and her boyfriend joined us there. The hubby (mine and my sisters) had to work, so they joined us later in the day. The kids had fun playing and hanging out together. Gotta love cousins!



Baby Jesus doesn't go in our manger until Christmas Eve. I bought this little set this year in cause Abby decided to knock it over or eat some pieces. I am afraid to put out the Nativity that my mom made when I was little.


The whole gang is there now. All celebrating Christ's birth!



I tend to spread the gifts out around the tree to make it look like we got a ton of things even though there isn't.


Abby sure likes the nutcracker she gave me. She kept popping up to attack the fish.


We get Matt a new Nerf gun every year. This years is the newest one out. Thing is huge!


Me (ack!) with my new Kindle. I had an older one (2nd generation not a fancy fire one) and it froze and stayed that way, so the hubby upgraded. I love to read and have over three thousand books in my Kindle cloud. Most I have read though. He got me the first one to safe space in the house. LOL. I still have a bunch of books, but I have a hard time holding them because of my RA.


Uncle Bobby got him a Red Ryder BB gun (Like the one in the Christmas Story movie).


A new hunting bow from us. He should be in this one for quite a few years before he moves into his final one.


The big Nerf gun all put together and showing off how big the ammo is. Darn thing is about as tall as two of my nephews!

We had some yummy Homemade cinnamon rolls that my sister made us the day before for breakfast. I also cooked my own homemade cinnamon rolls because they aren't as sweet as my sisters. The hubby is diabetic, so he didn't want the super sweet ones.

Dinner was a nice roast in the crock pot. Now I just have to get up off the sofa, attempt to navigate the box littered living room and wash up the dishes and tidy up the kitchen. Ahh the work of a wife/mom/housekeeper never ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...