Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Confident Heart ~ Chapter 9


When Doubt Whispers "I Can't Stop Worrying"


I swear this chapter was written about me. I worry about everything. Finances, being a good wife and mom, if I am raising my son good enough, and so on. I worry about things that I can not control as well. Like if my car is going to breakdown when I am not near home (has happened before so now I worry about it happening again).

I am still working through the chapter, and have been taking soo many notes in my journal for this study. I love the acronym that Renee uses to for what worry stands for:

Worry Only Robs Rest from You

That it does. There are times that I can not fall asleep because my mind is racing with all sorts of thoughts. I am hoping that once I am done with this chapter and read the other blogs in our hop, that I can stop worrying so much over things that I can not control. It is driving me bonkers now. At times I feel like a chicken with its head cut off.

On to this weeks blog hop topic.

A Setting For Two ~

I have enjoyed curling up on my sofa to have some alone time with Christ. Right now our Christmas tree is up, so to look at the pretty lights and all our ornaments that have meaning, makes it easier for me to think of Jesus. I am most comfortable here mostly because I am not moving around in pain so much.

In the warm months, I have enjoyed curling up in my garden. Something about looking around the yard and seeing everything growing that makes you smile and think of what Christ has done to help you feel your family. Yes sitting in the plastic outdoor chairs is uncomfortable and the sun bothers me and hurts my eyes, but I enjoy looking at my garden growing, listening to the birds fighting over the feeders we provide for them and smelling the fresh cut hay. Makes me wish that it was spring and summer here now. hehe




1 comment:

  1. Heather, I really think it is in the nature of women to be worriers but I am so thankful that we can lay those worries at the foot of the cross & know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will take care of us. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...