Thursday, January 8, 2015

Book Goals For The Year



This past year I read a total of 60 books, mostly between October and December. So far this year I have already read 5 books and it is only the 8th. I think I am off to a good start.

My goal this year is to read more than I did last year. I am also planning one book a month that is faith based. I had started "The Best Yes" and "Before Amen", but never finished them. Life got in the way while doing the bible study on them through Proverbs 31 Ministries. Those two books are the first ones on my list this year.

Here is my little monthly faith based book list. The links are for either Kindle or paperback.



January ~ Before Amen

February ~ The Best Yes

March ~ Women Living Well

April ~ Sacred Marriage

May ~ Created To Be His Help meet

June ~ Creative Counterpart

July ~ The Circle Maker

August ~ What Happens When Women Say Yes To God

September ~ A Women's High Calling

October ~ Praying For Boys

November ~ Spiritual Parenting

December ~ The Women of Christmas


I am also reading a few devotionals everyday. Revealing Jesus is my morning devotional, The Duck Commander Devotional is my afternoon devotional and Women of the Bible is my evening devotional.

The first two have short sweet readings with a small prayer.The Women of the Bible takes one women from the Bible a week, starting with Eve. You read her story, read scripture, answer questions, a prayer time and reflections on what you read. I have just started reading about Eve and have enjoyed it so far.

Most of my other books that I read are what others would call fluff. I love romance novels, Amish books have been keeping me entertained right now. I also love fantasy books.

I started reading Outlander the other night. I have been watching the show on Starz that is based off the book. I have enjoyed it so far and figured I should have the book finished well before the show starts up again in April. I am giving myself a week to read the book. It has 850 pages, so I should be good.

Now to go curl up with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...