Saturday, March 15, 2014

I love thrift stores

We have a little local thrift store that I like to check out every now and then. Pretty much all our clothes come from thrift stores. I hardly ever buy Matt new things because he is growing so much. Plus it is eco-friendly and frugal to buy used. I have found so many brand new things for next to nothing at thrift stores.

While out to lunch with a neighbor, I stopped in the thrift store to see if I could find some pants for Matt. He is now wearing men's sizes, Heaven help me. I did manage to find him a couple pairs for 2.00 each, but it was the other item that we found that I was most excited about.

I have been after Matt about getting him a new blanket or quilt for his bed. He has had the same blanket since he was out of the crib and refuses to get anything else. The darn thing is paper thin. When I saw this beauty, I asked Matt what he thought of it and he liked it.


Boy colors for sure. Plus is is made from denim so it is nice and strong and has some weight to it. I paid only 5.00 for it too! Loved that the most. Matt said he will use it over his paper thin blanket because he will not get rid of that one. LOL


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic find. Looks warm, sturdy, and pretty too. I have to agree with you about thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...