Monday, March 10, 2014

Homemade Graham Cracker Crust

Like a lot of people, I have always bought one of those premade graham cracker crusts to use when I make my cheese cake. Costs about 2.50 here for one. A box of graham crackers costs a little bit more, like 3.50, but you can get three shells out of it. I use this to make my cheese cake and my chocolate pudding pie. So, here is how I make my own shell. So easy!




1 sleeve graham crackers (I like to use the cinnamon ones)
6 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed

1. Break up and add one sleeve of graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbles.

2. Melt butter in a microwaveable bowl. Add the crushed graham crackers and the sugar.Mix together until all is wet from the butter.

3. Dump the crumbs into a pie plate and press the crumbs in the pie plate to form a crust. Make sure that there are no thin areas.

4. Put it in a preheated oven at 375° and bake for 8-10 minutes.

5. Let cool completely before adding the filling in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...