Saturday, March 15, 2014

Homemade Whipped Cream

Why have I never made this before? I have always got my whipped cream from a can or from a tub of Cool Whip. Never again! Not sure if it is cheaper to make your own, but it sure tastes way better. I made some last night to top off my chocolate pudding pie. So yummy!



Here is my little recipe for whipped cream.

1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 Tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Add whipping cream to a large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until soft peaks start to form. I do not recommend you do this by hand or with a hand mixer. It took me forever to do it with a hand mixer. I use my stand mixer to make it now.

2. Stop mixer and add powdered sugar and the vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients are combined and the mixture has thickened up a little. Taste it to see if you want more powdered sugar. I like a sweet cream, but not crazy sweet.

 Keep cool until serving time or top on your pudding pie and enjoy.



Topped my chocolate pudding pie with some of the whipped cream. Made it so yummy!


Kinda messy looking, but it is sooo yummy. My homemade graham cracker crust was used to make this.


Had plenty of leftover whipped cream. It won't last long around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...