Saturday, June 21, 2014

Weekend Garden Update


I know, it's odd that I have been quiet for so long. I apologize for not posting recently. I've been busy with the garden and getting my plans together for a new homeschool year.

The garden is growing like crazy and so are the weeds. I am having a hard time keeping up with all the weeds this year. It could be because the garden is bigger or it could be because once I get the garden all weeded, it rains again and they grow back over night.




I've harvested the spinach a few times now and even given a bunch of it away. I still have a ton more left. I think I went a little crazy with it this year. LOL


We caught the little bugger visiting our garden. Cute isn't he? We moved him/her to a better place to live. Since then, we have been helping a neighbor on the other side of the park catch a family of them that are tunneling under her home. We caught one and one got hit by a car. We have a feeling the one we caught at our place was living under her home.


I picked our first strawberries last night. Of course it looked it perfect until I turned it over.


This side was on the ground. I do have straw surrounding all the plants, but it still managed to find the dirt.





I replanted our window boxes with some wave petunias with a little red, white and blue theme. Granted it is a purple petunia and not blue, but I have never seen a blue petunia before. Then again, I have never seen a black one before and I managed to get one this spring.


From top to bottom: pole beans, tomatoes, spinach, romaine lettuce with garlic mixed in, ice berg lettuce, beets, brown onions, shallots, yellow onions, green peppers and more tomatoes.


From top to bottom: cucumbers on the top left, garden peas in the top middle and corn on the top right. Summer squash on the left going down, zucchini on the right going down, and more green peppers on the bottom. Oh and more tomatoes mixed in.


From top to bottom: Sugar snap peas on the trellis, bush beans, butternut squash, and corn.The corn is a lot bigger now since I took this picture.


Strawberry patch that needs to be weeded badly. My chore for today.


Potatoes growing in some buckets.


Some curly parsley and dill growing in more pots. I started growing in pots before raised beds.


Some mint, thyme and oregano. These are much bigger now too.


So this is what is going on in my gardens these past few weeks. How are yours coming along?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...