Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Weekend Garden Update 6-28-14


I can't believe how much my garden blew up growing this past week. I swear it happened over night. I know the pole beans grow like nuts over night. I was telling the hubby that I want to set up our trail cam to take pictures of the pole beans up close so we can watch them grow up the poles. LOL





Our strawberries are slowly coming in. Not enough to do anything with, but just enough for a little snack. They are soo sweet and I swear taste better than the ones I pick at the farm up the street.







Our sugar snap peas are covered in flowers and as of today, covered in peas ready to be picked. This little handful I grabbed the first night earlier last week. I picked a bowl full the other day and have a bunch more to pick tomorrow. I have been eating them raw, straight from the vine. Yummy!


Here is the zucchini last week and below is a couple of days ago. Sure got huge!




I even have 3 little zucchini growing on just this plant alone. I can't wait to eat some!


The summer squash blow up big time too. No flowers on it yet though. I hope these do well this year. I only had one plant produce anything last year and I maybe got 4 squash from it. Our zucchini last year went bonkers and I was giving it away cause I had so much.

I am having such a hard time keeping up with the weeding. It is going to be in the 90's this coming week and very humid. I don't do good with that kind of weather at all and tend to hide inside in the ac.


*Not sure why this did not post on Saturday. Guess I either don't know how the automatic posting thing works, or it doesn't work*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...