Sunday, July 20, 2014

Grilled Zucchini

My garden is overflowing with zucchini and summer squash this year. Last year we had like two summer squash, so I am eating that pretty much as soon as it comes off the vine. I am needing to come up with ideas to use up the zucchini, other than bread.

Tonight for dinner, I was grilling burgers, so I decided to throw some zucchini on with them. I may have to cook it like this all the time. I had a few zucchini that were hiding under the grass that has taken over the garden, so they were kinda big. They were perfect for the grill though.

I cut the zucchini into 1 inch slices and drizzled olive oil on them. Then I sprinkled on some oregano, salt, pepper and powdered garlic.



I already had the grill warmed up because of the burgers already on it. I put the zucchini slices on the grill with the seasoned side down and then repeated the seasoning and olive oil on the other side, so both sides had herbs on it.


I cooked it for about 5-6 minutes per side. I like a little snap to my zucchini when I bite down into it. These were so yummy! My son ate his before he ate his burger. He always preferred veggies anyway, but he really isn't a fan of zucchini. I changed his mind tonight. He asked me to make them like this again.



3 comments:

  1. So simple and so delicious! I love zucchini, too. Everything tastes better grilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good!!
    Love grilled food :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grilled vegetables. My name is Katie and I host Inspired Weekends, now open. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...