Friday, April 4, 2014

Herb Rice Pilaf

I was tired of making the boxed rice pilaf because of all the additives in them, not to mention all the salt. So I decided to make my own. Hope you enjoy it!




1/4 cup butter
2 cups uncooked white rice
1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 basil
4 cups chicken broth

1. In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the rice and orzo pasta until the pasta starts to brown.

2. Add the herbs and mix well.

3 Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not lift the lid or stir the rice until done.

4. Fluff rice with a fork and serve. This recipe make a ton of rice.


Next time I am going to add some chopped up spinach to the rice for a little change. Love spinach. Funny thing is I hated it growing up. Maybe it was because of the way it was cooked for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...