Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Personal Goals For 2014



Most people make new year resolutions. I have before too. But like everyone, I didn't keep them up past the first month. This year, I am not making a list of resolutions, I am making a list of goals I want to accomplish. I already made up a list of our homesteading goals and some from there are here on my personal goals. I really need to do those badly.

I have noticed on other blogs that people have been making one word the theme for their year. I can not pick just one word. For me it would have to be organize, focus, and declutter. See a theme there?

So, my goals for this year are:

1. To declutter and purge out things not needed from my house. We have accumulated a ton of "stuff" in the 5 years we have lived here. We even threw out a ton of stuff when we moved too. So the hubby and I need to go through everything that we own and toss or donate a ton of our stuff. Steve is worse than me. He has many "collections" of stuff all over the house, the shed and now our storage unit. My biggest problem is books. I love to read and have three and part of a fourth bookshelf full. Not to mention my new Kindle that has over three thousand books on it. Good thing the hubby got me the one with 32gb memory. hehe

2. After we finally, or during the decluttering part, we will organize what we have left. For me the biggest part is organizing the kitchen and my big closet. I have boxes in my closet that I haven't opened in a couple of years. We also need to organize Matt's room and his closet to make the most of his small space for all his things. We purge his things a few times a year and donate the things to a thrift store in town. I need to reorganize my household binder and my budget binder to make them more user friendly.

3. I also need to learn to focus on one thing at a time. Because of my RA and the pain I am in, my mind is all over the place. Sometimes I feel like I have ADD or something. When I am on the computer, I have more than one tab opened, usually three or four. I also will have a couple of books on the sofa with me that I am reading at the same time, not to mention the Kindle with a few books going on it too. Then the tv will be on. Right now I am using my Amazon Prime free movies and tv shows to watch tv. Stargate SG-1 has been playing all week long here.

4. Sew more. I have a few sewing projects that I need to get going. I need some new cloth shopping bags and new cloth pads for my monthly visit. I also want to make some "Swiffer" sweeper cloths for dusting and mopping. I need to finish making the Christmas Stockings that I started before this past Christmas and the panda blanket that I started over a year ago for my daughter. I would also like to make a quilt for my bed. We don't have anything pretty in our room, so I want to make something pretty.

5. Read more. I have not read much this past year and I miss doing so. I have been way to focused on the computer and tv. I need to cut those back for awhile I think. Spend more time with my nose in a book on the Kindle using my imagination. I have so many new books sitting on my living room bookshelf that I want to read. There is a mixture of fiction and non fiction. I need to get in the habit of reading my Bible and devotional first thing in the morning before I check any kind of email or blog stuff.

I need to focus more. There's that word again. Maybe that should be my word this year. What is your word or goals this year?


1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! Glad I found your blog today. I'm following you via GFC & Pinterest! Stop by & say hello! :)

    Aimee
    www.justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...