Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apple Crisp

So after picking a ton of fresh apples, I had to make some apple crisp. Here is the recipe that I use. Warning, it makes a TON of the crumble. I love a ton so this recipe is perfect for me. I got the recipe here.






  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups butter
  • 2 quarts peeled, cored and sliced apples

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
  3. Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  4. Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.


One thing I noticed is that cooking for this long tends to make the apples more like a chunky sauce (see my picture). It is still good, but the apples are a bit over cooked. I would do it for about 30 minutes and then check it from there to see if the crumble is nice and crisp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...