Monday, August 10, 2015

What I have been up to

It's been crazy here in the garden and kitchen. It's been really hot and humid too, which bothers my RA a ton, so I didn't venture out to the garden much. The crazy weeds show my lack of attention too.

I've also been canning beans up like crazy too.


This is when the bush beans were almost ready to be picked. A few days later, I was snippin n snappin them.


My small but productive bush bean plot. Got tons of beans from this little bit of plants. Jade bush beans are wonderful.


Abby inspecting the beans after they were cleaned. She likes to take one and bat it around the living room. This was part of the first days worth of beans. I pulled just shy of a 5 gallon bucket that day.


56 pints of green beans all ready for winter suppers.



Pole beans are now starting to come in, so I will be canning even more beans. Tomatoes are starting to ripen as well. I freeze them as I pick them and can my sauce when it is a bit cooler out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...